Richard D. Cordry
Richard is an experienced litigator who ensures that his cases are always prepared for trials. Richard has taken an aggressive stance and pursuing claims for those that have been injured. He has been rewarded millions of dollars for his clients’ cases in his settlements.
The following cases I have tried to jury trial with the following verdicts:
- Diana Mason, et al vs. Texaco, Inc., et al. Case No. 78-133 was tried twice in U.S. District Court – Tenth Circuit in Witchita, Kansas. The first trial ended ended on January 7, 1984, with a $3.1 million dollar verdict against Texaco. This verdict was appealed to the Tenth circuit Court of Appeals which overturned the verdict. The case was retired for another three months in 1989; on January 24, 1990 the jury awarded my clients, the Mason family $9,025,00.00 in compensatory damages and $25 million in punitive damages. This verdict was appealed to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals which reduced the punitive damages to $12.5 million and Texaco paid the Mason family on May 19, 1992, $25,582,782.64 after an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Perry Arnold, Martha Arnold and James R. Arnold vs. Ridell, Inc.,
Case No. 90-1485 was tried in the United States District Court for the Tenth District of Kansas in which a jury returned a verdict for my client as a result of his injury in a football helmet case for $12,688,492.00 which when the percentage of fault to the client was reduced, the verdict was reduced to $7,993,749.96.
- Richard K. Savina vs. Sterling Drug Co., Case No. 85C-1189 was tried in the District Court of Sedgwick County, Kansas, Civil Division on February 7, 1991. After a three week trial the jury returned with an Award of $2,54 million dollars in damages which was sustained on appeal.
- Smith, et al., vs. Dr. Pizzaro, was tried in Ford County and Dodge City, Kansas. It was a medical negligence case in which the jury awarded my clients for the loss of their three-year-old chikd $1.5 million in compensatory damages.
- Donald E. Hart vs. Michael H. McCall, Case No. 83C-1772 was tried in the District Court of Sedgwick County, Kansas in which a jury returned a verdict on August 10, 1984, in an auto-motorcycle case to my client, the motorcyclist, in the amount of $1 million dollars.
- Ralph M. McElqunn, et al., vs. Osteopathic Pathologists, Inc., et al.
The case was tried in the District Court in and for Tulsa County, State of Oklahoma, Case No. CJ84-6295. a medical negligence case in which I represented a man who lost one of his toes. The jury awarded $450,000.00 for his injuries.
- Antonio Laico, et al., vs. Chevron Chemicak Co., et al., Case No. CV774305, was tried to a jury verdict in the Superior Court of the State of California in Santa Clara County in October and November, 2002. The jury returned a verdict of $2.3 million dollars for the plaintiffs. The case is now before the Cal. Ct. of Appeals.